Monday, September 28, 2009

84 days

Ok, so I just realised that Popeye has 84 days to go before he is home. Well, I didn't just realise that (especially since I have recorded it day by day in my diary!), but I just connected that 84 days is 3 months and 3 months is 12 weeks and 12 weeks is the perfect amount of time to lose some serious weight and look really hot for xmas (and Popeye!). Hopefully this will take my mind off how long I have to wait for him and give me something to focus on. So, I am about to drag the chill-dies away from the cartoons (it's so funny, they are LOVIN' the new channel 99, which has all the programs I grew up on - Bewitched, I dream of Jeannie, The Jetsons, The Flintstones! Classics!) and put them on their bikes while I go for a jog along the Merri Creek Trail to a park. Gotta get my thousand calories burnt today.
I have a new mantra to get me through...Why are you doing that?
I'm gonna ask it every time I am lacking motivation or am about to do something to sabotage myself.
Finding it hard to get motivated to do exercise? Why am I doing exercise? To get fit, lean and feel good about myself. Who would say no to that?
Snacking on crap from the fridge? Why are you eating that? Not sure really, maybe I am thirsty, or if I am really hungry maybe I need something more wholesome.

SEE, in theory it works!!!

I'll give it a go and let you know! Starting now...

Why are you going for a jog? Because I want to burn 1000 calories each and every day, and I love the feeling I get at the end when I have completed a jog!

Oh yes I do! Off I go!

Tahn

No comments: