Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day Seventeen of 84

Today's weight - 77.8   [171.2 lbs]    (18.7 kgs to go) [41.1 lbs]
weight loss to date - 1.3 kg [2.9 lbs]



Today's positives - hmm, let me think...well at a stretch, let me say we walked from the tram stop in Coburg to home. Yep, I did have to dig hard to find that positive!


Today's negatives - shitty food, no exercise, little water. I don't even want to look at the scales tomorrow!!


As you know I am following the exercises in the Sunday Herald Sun. Today's focus is on the abs. Well I have a HEAP of flab covering my abs, but I'll get a start on them for when the flab-be-gone. Here's what I'll be doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday:


* SHS recommends Hanging Leg raises 3 sets of 8-12, but I don't have anywhere to hang (although this door gym workout bar looks good) so I am going to replace this exercise with 3 x bridges (hopefully more than 30 seconds each!). But every time I pass a playground I am going to do a set or two of hanging leg raises from the monkey bars.
* Weighted V Sit ups - 3 sets of 20
* Swiss Ball Side Crunches - 3 sets of 15 each side
* Wood chopper - I'm going to use a weight as I don't have a cable - 3 sets of 30 each side
* Hands to Knees (as the SHS calls them), they are like Superman's but in a push up position - 3 sets of 20
I reckon my guts is going to be KILLING me after that lot!


I am also going to up the anti this week and include a night-time session on a cardio machine. (I'll have to take my skipping rope down to Hastings this weekend). So next week will look like this - every day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night 20 minutes on a cardio machine PLUS an abs workout Mon, Wed and Fri. Take THAT, fat!
Back on the horse tomorrow. I have found my second reward (nail polish) that I want, it's called Enchanted Forest so something to aim for!


Tahn

No comments: